On December 12th, Sam was hit by a car while riding his bicycle and suffered a traumatic brain injury. This is his journey.

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Sam's Journey - It is time


June 9, 2018

The day we thought might not ever come is here. I have not written in 5 months and 8 days, mostly because there was nothing new to report, AND we were so busy with the daily grind of getting to this day, the blog took the back burner. The basic update on Sam's health is that he had a neurology check up in May, and everything is moving along in a positive direction. He continues to regain skills even though it is not at the speed at which he was doing so before, which was completely expected. It is often difficult for us to take note of those improvements since we see him every day, but others who haven't seen him in a while continually comment on the changes they see. 

I will update you on Sam's forthcoming plans in a future entry, but for now, I'm just reveling in the day. All of the plans have been made, and as I sit back and reflect upon what this day means, I am very excited knowing that:

  • Sam will be graduating on time with his twin sister and his friends with a half credit more than required. This is happening despite him missing almost a full year of in-school education.
  • After not being able to speak or walk or remember the order of the alphabet not so long ago, Sam is officially an honors graduate.
  • Two and a half years ago (almost to the day) we weren't sure he would still be here with us, let alone walk the stage and receive his diploma.
Life is good, God is good, and we are grateful to all of you for your love and support as we celebrate this day. We would not have made it here without you, and we hope that you are able to celebrate with us wherever you are. Peace and love and all good things, #TeamSam. You still rock!


7 comments:

  1. Truly a day to celebrate and give thanks!!! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PTL's Praise, praise, praise the Lord. So happy for all of you. We know God took a hand in this and this was a family, team effort and from way over here your family was so solid. You should all take credit for the success too! GO SAM. We will be there too celebrating all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much, Ann. God is good, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I seating at Legacy hall having dinner and reading this, I remembered when I met Sam the first time in class. I am so honored to be part ( at least a little bit ) of knowing all his and your journey to this day ! Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Sam and Sarah on their graduation. And to the proud parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Very AWESOME after all he and the family have been thru. I was at graduation because my son Zack is in Sam's graduating class. Zack had you for Spanish at Clark. So great to see the tremendous progress Sam has made.....Congrats to Sam on his graduation and to Mom and Dad too.....God Bless your day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm 55-year-old from paris, I was diagnosed with second-stage liver cancer following a scheduled examination to monitor liver cirrhosis. I had lost a lot of weight. A CT scan revealed three tumors; one in the center of my liver in damaged tissue and two in healthy portions of my liver. No chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment was prescribed due to my age, the number of liver tumors. One month following my diagnosis I began taking 12 (350 point) Salvestrol supplements per day, commensurate with my body weight. This comprised six Salvestrol Shield (350 point) capsules and six Salvestrol Gold (350 point) capsules, spread through the day by taking two of each capsule after each main meal. This level of Salvestrol supplementation (4,000 points per day) was maintained for four months. In addition, I began a program of breathing exercises, chi exercises, meditation, stretching and stress avoidance. Due to the variety of conditions that I suffered from, I received ongoing medical examinations. Eleven months after commencing Salvestrol supplementation But all invalid so I keep searching for a herbal cure online that how I came across a testimony appreciating Dr Itua on how he cured her HIV/Herpes, I contacted him through email he listed above, Dr Itua sent me his herbal medicine for cancer to drink for two weeks to cure I paid him for the delivering then I received my herbal medicine and drank it for two weeks and I was cured until now I'm all clear of cancer, I will advise you to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. WhatsApps Number...+2348149277967. If you are suffering from Diseases listed below, Cancer, HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,
    ?Esophageal cancer,?Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,?Hodgkin lymphoma
    ?Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,?Multiple myeloma,?Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,?Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,?Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,?Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,?Vulvar cancer,Hepatitis, Chronic Illness. Lupus,Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete