On December 12th, Sam was hit by a car while riding his bicycle and suffered a traumatic brain injury. This is his journey.

Friday, April 29, 2016

4/29 - Sam's Journey - Day 139 - Part Deux

Hello, good people. I know I just posted a few hours ago, but I forgot to mention a couple of needs that we have, and one question. Any help would be appreciated. Here goes:

  • If you'd be willing to trim the tree in our front yard before we get a letter sort of resembling a Howler (Harry Potter reference) from the city, we'd appreciate it. We're also not sure where Jim's tree trimmer went, so tools would also be necessary. 
  • I hesitate to mention the following, because I'm afraid we'll have an outpouring of these items, but I'm going to ask anyway. We are going through an awful lot of paper towels and sandwich-sized baggies. If it starts looking like an episode of Hoarders, Paper Products Episode around here, I'll let you know!
  • We are also going through a lot of the small sized water bottles for Sam's meds that are mixed and all of the flushes after he "eats". Again, if we have an excess, I'll let you know.
  • Eventually, we are going to need some help getting Sam's room ready. Right now, he's temporarily set up in the living room, and we're excited to get him into his own space. We'll be looking for help with cleaning and (minor) furniture moving, and we'll let you know when that will happen. I don't have a date yet, but it should be soon!
Finally, several after seeing the #TeamSam shirts, several people asked where they came from, or said they missed the deadline. We would consider a second run, but we need a certain number to do it. If you are interested in getting a shirt, leave me a comment below with how many you'd like. (Shirts were $18ish, and a little bit more for long sleeved.) I'll tell you if we get the number needed!

As always, #TeamSam, you are a blessing to us. Thanks for all you are doing! Here's a bonus picture for today. I probably should have included it in the last entry since I talked about the awards ceremony. Here is a family picture from that evening.


5 comments:

  1. We want 3-4 shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take 2 medium short sleeve. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends would all like a shirt would be at least 5

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love 3! my email is wendylou23@yahoo.com I live on portside and also have another question for you if you get the chance to email me. =) Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete